Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers
- Lee A. Caplan award for Pro Bono Service for his Work with Victims of Domestic Violence, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1995
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Second Place in the Polsky Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Member of Temple’s Nationally Renowned Trial Team
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award in Legal Writing & Research
- Honors: Moot Court Team
- University of Maryland
- B.A. cum laude – 1992
- Major: English Literature
Michael J. Belsky – Partner
Phone: 877-736-1845 (Toll free)
Phone: 410-543-5398 (Local)
Areas of Practice
Complex Civil Litigation
Wrongful Death/Survival Action
Trucking & Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Sexual Abuse Cases
“I believe that ‘the true warrior understands and seizes that moment by giving an effort so intense and so intuitive that it could only be called one from the heart.’ – Pat Riley.”
Michael Belsky, a partner at SBWD Law, is a seasoned and accomplished trial attorney who has achieved many million dollar-plus verdicts and settlements. Strength coupled with compassion define Michael’s practice. Michael is known as a fierce but civil practitioner, and is proud of his reputation in the community as a strong advocate and a consummate professional.
Michael has over twenty years of experience as a trial attorney having handled some of the most complicated and highly publicized cases in Maryland history. His practice focuses primarily on serious personal injury, cases involving sexual and child abuse, human trafficking, sexual assault, medical negligence, automobile negligence and cases involving premises liability.
While known for his skills in the courtroom, Michael has also built a reputation as an educator and activist. Michael has been an adjunct professor of Trial Advocacy at the University of Baltimore Law School for over ten years, and regularly lectures practicing lawyers regarding trial skills in the courtroom. He is a frequent commentator on local and national news programs regarding high profile trials and legal issues. Michael is also the proud recipient of the Lee Kaplan Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award for his volunteer work with the House of Ruth, helping battered women navigate their way through the court system.
His accomplishments have also earned him recognition as one of the best attorneys in Maryland, including being recognized as a “Super Lawyer” for the past ten years.
Most importantly, Michael genuinely cares about his clients. His work representing vulnerable victims of sexual abuse and medical negligence have provided him with some of the proudest moments of his career.
- Adjunct professor at the University of Baltimore, School of Law in trial advocacy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice