- Maryland, 2008
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2009
- Delaware Law School, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. – 2007
- Honors: Vice President/Captain Men’s Rugby Team
- Honors: Veteran’s Assistance Clinic
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi, Legal Fraternity
- Honors: Superior Pro Bono Service Award
- Western Maryland College (McDaniel), Westminster, Maryland
- Dual B.A. – 2004
- Major: Political Science
- Major: European History
Jonathon Scruggs – Partner
Phone: 877-736-1845 (Toll free)
Phone: 410-543-5398 (Local)
Areas of Practice
Law Enforcement Officer’s Bill of Rights
Correctional Officer’s Bill of Rights
Real Property Disputes
Employment Disciplinary Matters
“The foundation of our law is quite simple. All persons deserve a competent defense.”
Jonathon C. Scruggs, a partner with SBWD Law, represents individuals and corporations throughout the State of Maryland, both federally and locally. Jonathon joined SBW in 2012, and is principally engaged in the representation of Police and Correctional Officers in Administrative Disciplinary Matters, Contract Negotiation, and Collective Bargaining. Additionally, Jonathon has significant experience representing clients in all matter of Land Use actions, as well as certain Real Estate actions. Jonathon is a tireless attorney and his dedication to his clients is exhibited through his work ethic and his tenacity in the courtroom. He is a zealous advocate and strongly believes in protecting the rights and interests of each and every individual he encounters.
Prior to practicing law, Jonathon received dual undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degrees from Western Maryland College (now “McDaniel College”). Shortly thereafter, he earned his law degree from the Delaware Law School. While pursuing his legal education, Jonathon participated in numerous curricular and extracurricular school activities, to include the Men’s Rugby Team, and Delaware Law School Veteran’s Assistance Clinic.
Prior to joining SBWD Law, Jonathon clerked for the Honorable Thomas F. Stansfield in the Circuit Court for Carroll County, and practiced for several years as an Assistant County Attorney for Carroll County Maryland. There he represented numerous county agencies on day to day legal issues. Jonathon’s experience in the public sector has assisted him exponentially in his current representation of public sector employees.
Outside of his day to day responsibilities here at the firm, Jonathon is an active member of the Maryland State Bar Association, and both the Bar Associations of Carroll County and Anne Arundel County.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Bar Association of Carroll County, 2008 – Present
- Bar Association of Anne Arundel County , 2013 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Assistant County Attorney for Carroll County, Maryland 2009 – 2012
- Judicial Law Clerk, Circuit Court for Carroll County 2007 – 2008